I’m gonna list books that I read that were absolutely ridiculous and I don’t know what the author was thinking when they wrote these. Although you guys might have different opinions than me and you might love these following books. Needless to say these books were frustrating to read in my opinion.
1. Brothers South of mason dixon by Abbi Glines
I love this author but this book wasn’t her best.
Plot: The only thing hotter than the weather South of the Mason Dixon line are the boys. Worn, faded blue jeans, slow Southern drawls, and those naughty moments in the back of pickup trucks a girl never forgets. Welcome to the world of the Sutton boys. Five brothers who fight, party, drink a little too much, but more importantly, they love their momma. Nothing can tear them apart… except women. Especially a red headed beauty with secrets. No one truly knows her… not a Sutton boy… and not Dixie Monroe. Scarlet North smiles on the outside but inside her damage runs deep.
• this book was completely ridiculous the male lead in this book was a jerk for no reason at all, there was no back story to why he was the way he was.
• He was having a affair with his twin brothers girlfriend in the previous book before yet he doesn’t seem to care that he hurt him… like at all. He pretty much only cared about himself 85% of the book. He never even apologized for it.
• They both pretty much only seemed to care for themselves.
2. Broken love series by B.B. Reid
This book was a complete mess, interesting but also disturbing.
Plot: I don’t believe in fairy tales and Prince Charming.
I believe in fear.
He taught me how to be afraid.
We first met on a playground on a wonderful summer day. It was the first time he hurt me and it wouldn’t be the last. For ten years, he’s been my tormentor and I’ve been his forbidden. But then he went away, and yet I was still afraid.
Now he’s back and wants more than just my tears. You see…he thinks I sent him away so now he wants revenge…and he knows just how to get it.
• the hero of this story bullied the main character, constantly threatened her, sexually assulted, embarrassed her and throughout the whole entire book the only thing she could think of is how hot she thought he was??? I DON’T THINK SO
•Her so called best friend knew about the abuse that was going on and did absolutely nothing
• Main character also had no backbone at all .
• Book 2 is about the heros brother from book 1. (almost worse than book one) And yes I read it because I like to torture myself. The main character cheated on the heroine (plenty of times) in the past yet she took him back and when she finally leaves him he’s bitter and plays the victim even though he’s the one that messed up.
• He treats her like crap ,basically abuses her in one scene, and towards the end of the book she takes him back so easily because she also had absolutely no backbone like the heroine in the book before.
• Other books wasn’t as bad.
• This book will be fine to you as long as you don’t mind a book where someone actually ends up with their abuser in the end…like everything is fine and dandy.
3. Fallen crest high series by Tijan
This whole entire book series was ridiculous, and did I read it? Yes I did. because I actually had faith the series would get better.
Plot: Mason and Logan Kade are two brothers who did their own thing. They were rich and expected to attend her school, Fallen Crest Academy. They chose public school and now Samantha has to live with them. The problem is that she doesn’t care at all: about them, about her friends, about her cheating boyfriend, or even about her parent’s divorce. But maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe change is a good thing.
• the main male characters in the book were bitter and angry for no reason at all. They bullied the heroines mom and she allowed it.
• Lead character samantha was really boring and had no personality at all
• Mason and Logan had rich people problems, treated people like crap and has big egos yet girls loved them anyway, and guys still went out of their way to befriend them.
• samantha pretty much just sat back and tolerated the destructive things they did with no opinion.
• Didn’t understand the characters and the book was a big mess….actually the whole series seemed like a big mess. So many messed up things happened along the way I don’t remember it all.